Sunday 14 April 2019

Nature

I have visited the Lower Moor Nature Reserve a couple of times lately and even though I am not really a nature photographer, it gives me the opportunity to get some fresh air, exercise and when lucky some photos of the local wildlife.

It is currently the time of year when many birds are nesting so not as busy as usual and the males are very protective of their partners and will often chase away interlopers.

I was very lucky last Friday to see a dog otter that that swam across the lake (underwater so all I saw was the wake) and surfaced just before entering the reeds.

I also came across some early butterflies that are starting to appear.

Roll on May when new life appears!













































No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.