Sunday 9 June 2019

Cirencester Polo Club

I attended my first ever Polo match today as much out of curiosity as well as a desire to take a few photographs of the event.

The weather was kind and we had some sunshine becoming cloudy as the afternoon moved on and even some rain as I was walking home.

I was lucky enough to engage in conversation with a lady called Ferne who has a wealth of experience (she worked as a groom for a while and today was looking after the main score board), her suggestions as to areas to shoot from and the play was invaluable and I am indebted to her for her assistance and time.

I was also lucky enough later on to meet up again with a real Polo Afficionado and outstanding photographer (Tom Reynolds) who shoots incredible Polo action photos and is a regular at the Cirencester Polo Club - we first met last year when talking together about our photos used in the Cirencester Calendar as well as the Cirencester Park Polo Club 125th Anniversary Book arranged by Lady Bathurst and Jo Welch as well as about camera gear (photographers trait). I just hope that I can meet up with Tom next time I attend and learn from him.

I also met another Photographer that featured in the Polo Club Anniversary book, John Hankin.

It was great to talk with him as well.

An interesting afternoon and one I will certainly repeat.
































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.