Friday 7 June 2019

More Dragonflies

Back at the Nature Reserve again recently and it was one of those overcast yet very warm days and to start with there were very few dragonflies in evidence but as the weather changed so they started to appear and fly about looking for food.

I did come across one that had just emerged from the nymph and was drying out its wings and body but still had that milky look, I did come back later and it was still there but in the shade so I very carefully moved it into the sunshine where it perked up and hopefully was able to dry out completely and enjoy its life.

There were a few more about later and I was able to get some images of them, I also grabbed a couple of images of flowers including a nice wild dog rose as well as a heron flexing its wings by the lake.
































No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.